[Mimedefang] mimedefang muiltplexor leaves instances on stop

G. Roderick Singleton gerry at pathtech.org
Thu Aug 21 20:00:00 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-08-21 at 19:37, Kris Deugau wrote:
> "G. Roderick Singleton" wrote:
> > I run perl v5.6.1, mimedefang-2.33, spamassassin-2.55 under RH7.3
> > (up2date) and I have noticed that the defang user leaves behind
> > multiplexor instances upon being stopped. I have modified
> > /etc/init.d/mimedefang to pkill user defang on stop because the original
> > method doesn't do the job.
> >
> > Is there a better way to handle this situation than pkilling the user?
>
> There's apparently a new RedHat init script in 2.36, which may or may
> not fix the problem you're seeing.
>
> I'm curious what sort of init script other people are using;  I've been
> using one of the ones provided (not sure which one any more) since ~2.14
> or so, and I've *never* seen problems with slaves hanging around
> indefinitely after issuing a shutdown command.
>
> -kgd

Thanks. I'll check 2.36. I am using the stock scripts but I believe that
mimedefang expects perl to have threading capability built-in which mine
doesn't. I suspect that this is the cause of things hanging around. I
was hoping that someone had seen this phenomenon and could offer a
better solution than my pkill.

--
Gerry Roderick Singleton <gerry at pathtech.org>
416-452-4583