[Mimedefang] Bayes filtering is not working -please help

alan premselaar alien at 12inch.com
Mon Aug 11 02:23:00 EDT 2003

On 8/11/03 3:03 PM, "Mathew Thomas" <mathew.thomas at rmit.edu.au> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The following is my settings in /etc/mail/spamassassin/sa_mimedefang.cf
> # Bayes
> bayes_auto_learn 1
> use_bayes 1
> bayes_file_mode 0770
> bayes_path      /var/spool/MIMEDefang/bayes
> bayes_auto_learn_threshold_nonspam       -1.0
> bayes_auto_learn_threshold_spam         10.0
>
> I run the following test, and it says  SpamAssassin failed to parse my above
> setting.

...snip...

> Do I need to do anything else to get the bayes filter working. The server is a
> mail gateway, and there is no user accounts.
> Thanks for in advance for the help
>
> Mathew

Mathew,

 this is really a question for the SpamAssassin list, however i'll do my
best to answer your question.

What version of SpamAssassin are you using?  I checked the docs on the SA
website and compared them to the man pages I have installed on my system and
they're different.  I suspect the webpage has been updated with 2.60
configuration options already.

according to my man pages for 2.54 (and I have my config file using these
settings) you want to make the following changes:

bayes_auto_learn -> auto_learn
bayes_auto_learn_threshold_nonspam -> auto_learn_threshold_nonspam
bayes_auto_learn_threshold_spam -> auto_learn_threshold_nonspam

you should check man Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf on your system just to be
sure.

hope this helps

alan