[Mimedefang] Bayes filtering is not working -please help

Mathew Thomas mathew.thomas at rmit.edu.au
Mon Aug 11 02:04:01 EDT 2003

Hi,

The following is my settings in /etc/mail/spamassassin/sa_mimedefang.cf
# Bayes
bayes_auto_learn 1
use_bayes 1
bayes_file_mode 0770
bayes_path      /var/spool/MIMEDefang/bayes
bayes_auto_learn_threshold_nonspam       -1.0
bayes_auto_learn_threshold_spam         10.0

I run the following test, and it says  SpamAssassin failed to parse my above setting.

# spamassassin -D --lint

debug: ignore: using a test message to lint rules
debug: using "/usr/local/share/spamassassin" for default rules dir
debug: using "/etc/mail/spamassassin" for site rules dir
debug: using "/data/home/mathew/.spamassassin" for user state dir
debug: using "/data/home/mathew/.spamassassin/user_prefs" for user prefs file
Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping: bayes_auto_learn 1
Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping: bayes_auto_learn_threshold_nonspam       -1.0
Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping: bayes_auto_learn_threshold_spam         10.0
debug: bayes: no dbs present, cannot scan: /var/spool/MIMEDefang/bayes_toks
debug: Score set 1 chosen.
debug: Initialising learner
debug: debug: Only 0 spam(s) in Bayes DB < 200
debug: bayes: 13331 untie-ing
debug: bayes: 13331 untie-ing db_toks
debug: is Net::DNS::Resolver available? yes
debug: trying (3) yahoo.de...
debug: looking up MX for 'yahoo.de'

Do I need to do anything else to get the bayes filter working. The server is a mail gateway, and there is no user accounts.
Thanks for in advance for the help

Mathew