[Mimedefang] Looking for an example of obfuscated HTML

Keith Dowell keith at rogersmfg.com
Wed Aug 6 09:43:01 EDT 2003

i personally would rather just drop anything with html in it

out of over 100 users in 5 locations I have had only 2 complain that email
cant get through - only in one single case was the email work related - to
which I contacted the vendor and stepped them through zipping their htm
attachment to send to us

at the moment i have sa set at 4 and mimedefang dropping anything (aside
from the default) with htm, html, etc as an attachment and this seems to
work very well

in a little less than a month the combo has caught over 4000 spams and
around 500 suspect attachments (usually exe or pif or bat)

imo, if you're not an isp a standard policy (such as most) should be no
personal email to work accounts - then you can fall back on that when cousin
john or jane's html email doesnt come through telling about the latest
family reunion or forwarding the forward of a forward of a forward... of a
joke thats been roaming the internet for 10 years

you'll get a few complaints at first if they arent used to this - just take
a few minutes and set them up with a free web mail account and they'll be
happy (usually they already have one - in which case i commonly get 'I
didn't know i could access it from work') - to me if they're doing personal
email all day they're not going to be getting their job done and their
supervisor will take care of that, either directing me to block traffic for
that one user, or just getting rid of them - either way - not really my
concern