[Mimedefang] bayes filter setup

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Aug 5 22:38:01 EDT 2003

> Mimedefang group,
>
> Anyone know how to setup the bayes learning filter ? I am
> having trouble getting it running. I am getting the following
> error message when I run the learn feature :
>
> [root at ns1 spamassassin]# sa-learn --spam --mbox
> /var/mail/spam Cannot open bayes_path
> /root/.spamassassin/bayes R/O: Inappropriate ioctl for device
> Learned from 0 messages. Cannot open bayes_path
> /root/.spamassassin/bayes R/W: File exists [root at ns1 spamassassin]#
>
> Any Ideas ?? Thanks in advance...

SA needs to know where you store the bayes files. So for example edit
/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf and define bayes_path
/var/spool/MD-Quarantine/bayes.

If you want mimedefang to use bayes filter autolearning set up

use_bayes 1
auto_learn 1
bayes_file_mode 0700
bayes_path /var/spool/MD-Quarantine/bayes

in /etc/mail/spamassassin/sa-mimedefang.cf.

Alexander

--
Alexander Dalloz | Enger, Germany
PGP key valid: made 13.07.1999