[Mimedefang] Even hardwiring SA in mimedefang.pl doesn't do it

Whit Blauvelt whit at transpect.com
Mon Aug 4 20:09:01 EDT 2003

On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 08:58:02PM +0000, Rob MacGregor wrote:

> Check sendmail.mc for any apparently blank lines that aren't.  If you have
> any lines that appear to be blank make sure they don't have spaces in them
> - that'll cause Sendmail to complain.

There are neither any return-space combinations, nor any space-return
combinations. The only two tabs are in the comments at top. Plus I just
walked through and there's nothing at the beginning of any blank line.

> If you have no luck with that can you post sendmail.mc to the list.
> Preferably as an attachment (so others can check it for non-empty blank
> lines too).

The blank line check I'm certain I've done. But here's the file just in case
it's suggestive. Note the milter commands were put in
devtools/Site/site.config.m4.

Looking at the devtools/Site/README file I do see something of possible
interest:

"Notice: if any of the above files is changed, the -c flag must be
specified with the Build command, otherwise those changes will have
no effect."

Off to try that.

Whit

divert(-1)
#
# Copyright (c) 1998, 1999 Sendmail, Inc. and its suppliers.
#       All rights reserved.
# Copyright (c) 1983 Eric P. Allman.  All rights reserved.
# Copyright (c) 1988, 1993
#       The Regents of the University of California.  All rights reserved.
#
# By using this file, you agree to the terms and conditions set
# forth in the LICENSE file which can be found at the top level of
# the sendmail distribution.
#
#

#
#  This is a generic configuration file for Linux.
#  It has support for local and SMTP mail only.  If you want to
#  customize it, copy it to a name appropriate for your environment
#  and do the modifications there.
#

divert(0)dnl
VERSIONID(`$Id: generic-linux.mc,v 8.1 1999/09/24 22:48:05 gshapiro Exp $')
OSTYPE(linux)dnl
DOMAIN(generic)dnl

# custom

FEATURE(`access_db')dnl
FEATURE(`use_cw_file')dnl
FEATURE(`use_ct_file')dnl
FEATURE(`mailertable')dnl
FEATURE(`domaintable')dnl
FEATURE(`virtusertable')dnl
FEATURE(`local_procmail',`/usr/bin/procmail')dnl
FEATURE(`smrsh')dnl
FEATURE(`relay_mail_from')dnl
FEATURE(`blacklist_recipients')dnl

INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`mimedefang', `S=unix:/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock, T=S:1m;R:1m')

# end custom

MAILER(local)dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl