[Mimedefang] Problem with message rewrite and messages with more than one Content-Type header

Michael Sims michaels at crye-leike.com
Fri Apr 25 14:51:01 EDT 2003

I'm actually going to save this thread, and I may even frame it somewhere.
Our mail server was running Imail on Windows NT before I upgraded it to Red
Hat/Cyrus IMAP/Sendmail/MIMEDefang/SpamAssassin.  When I first suggested the
idea to my boss, he said: "If we have problems with all of this open source
software, who will we call for support?"  I told him that I get better
support for OSS via mailing lists, Usenet, and web message boards for FREE
than I would ever get from a commercial entity after giving them money.

This is a perfect example.  I have a VERY obscure problem in a very unusual
configuration that only affects me 1-2% of the time.  I post a message to an
open mailing list describing my problem, and less than 24 hours later, the
developer of the software releases a new version that fixes my problem?  I
can't imagine getting better support than that, and I think it deserves
recognition.  So, once again, thanks for making MIMEDefang such a great
product!

Michael Sims
Project Analyst - Information Technology
Crye-Leike Realtors
Office: (901)758-5648  Pager: (901)769-3722