[Mimedefang] Help with filter script to attach original SPAM as message/rfc822

Clayton, Nik [IT] nik.clayton at citigroup.com
Fri Apr 25 05:20:01 EDT 2003

David Skoll wrote:

> On Mon, 3 Mar 2003, Michael Sims wrote:
>
> > So, I feel a bit silly about that (I guess I should have examined
> > the mimedefang.pl source before posting) but I'm still curious if
> > anyone has any thoughts on how I may improve the efficiency of my
> > filter, or if anyone has attempted to attach the original spam as
> > message/rfc822 like I am...
>
> filter_end gets passed a MIME::Entity representing the (possibly
reconstructed)
> message.  You can manipulate that already-parses MIME::Entity; the only
caveat
> is that you must call action_rebuild() to force MIMEDefang to rebuild the
> message if you make changes.  In other words:
>
> sub filter_end ($) {
> 	my($entity) = @_;
>
> 	if (...) {
> 	    # Manipulate $entity to include original entity as RFC822
message
> 	    action_rebuild();
>         }
> }
>
> It's a little tricky because you have to do it "in-place" in $entity, but
> I'm sure it's doable.

Before I sit down and reinvent the wheel, has anyone tried doing this?

1        1         2         3         4         5         6         7    7
         0         0         0         0         0         0         0    5
                                                    -- The 75 column-ometer
Global Messaging,                 A: Top posting
120 Cheapside, x83331             Q: What's the most annoying e-mail habit?