[Mimedefang] filter_bad_filename

Jim McCullars jim at info.uah.edu
Fri Apr 25 09:36:01 EDT 2003

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003, Carol Man wrote:

> 1.) I looked in sendmail.cf file and noted that has a
> part where it was only written like this:
>
>    # Input mail fitlers
>    # O InputMailFilters
>
>  so I changed to that:   # Input mail filters
>                          O InputMailFilters=mimedefang

   That won't work, because when you define a mail filter in your
sendmail.mc file it creates a lot of other config stuff too.  Furthermore,
you should never hand-edit sendmail.cf - always use sendmail.mc and let it
build a config file.

   Since you said that you had the INPUT_MAIL_FILTER statement in your
sendmail.mc file, it sounds like all you need to do is:

  1.) Go to the directory where your sendmail.mc file is located
  2.) Type in: sh Build sendmail.cf
  3.) Type in: sh Build install-cf
  4.) Restart sendmail

Jim