[Mimedefang] application/evil MIME type (rfc3514)

Ole Craig olc at cs.umass.edu
Thu Apr 17 09:03:00 EDT 2003

On 04/17/03 at 11:54, 'twas brillig and Tony Nugent scrobe:

> I came across this, which people may find interesting and
> potentially useful:
>
>   http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc3514.txt
>
> This rfc describes the use of an "evil" flag in the IPv4 network
> packet headers.  But it also briefly mentions a new mime type:
>
>    An application/evil MIME type is defined for Web- or email-carried
>    mischief.  Other MIME types can be embedded inside of evil sections;
>    this permit easy encoding of word processing documents with macro
>    viruses, etc.

	Pull the other one, it's got bells on.

	(April 1 has long since passed... Save it for next year.)

		Ole
--
Ole Craig * UNIX, linux, SMTP-ninja; news, web; SGI martyr * CS Computing
Facility, UMass * <www.cs.umass.edu/~olc/pgppubkey.txt> for public key