[Mimedefang] [OT] Nasty situation

Paul freebsd at pksnet.com
Thu Apr 10 13:15:01 EDT 2003

>  It sort of puts the anti-spammers
> against the anti-spammers and ends up working in favor of the spammers.

Which is exactly what they are looking for. If they can get enough non-spam addresses blacklisted, it will defeat the purpose of those lists. Making less people use them. resulting in more people they can spam and make money from...

MD/SA in conjunction with blacklists at rfc-ignorant.org and spamhaus.org have brought the spam volume down to a trickle here. The only ones coming thru are those with a score less than 13. I'm monitoring to see how many false positives come up with what score to see if I can lower that threshold of 13 on our network/server to 10 or lower.

A big thank you to David and all others helping the net fight spam!