[Mimedefang] spurious "suspicious characters in body" warnings?

James Ralston qralston+ml.mimedefang at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Apr 3 21:35:01 EST 2003

On 2003-04-03 at 08:06:22-0500 "David F. Skoll" <dfs at roaringpenguin.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Apr 2003, James Ralston wrote:
>
> > The only other thing I can think of is that MIMEDefang "cleaned
> > up" the quarantined file, and I'm not actually looking at the raw
> > data that was received over the network.
>
> This is what mimedefang.c does.  Read the code carefully... mimedefang.c
> won't write out '\r' characters.

Ok, I give up.  Where in mimedefang.c is the code that is stripping \r
and \0 out of the message body?  The body() function is what is
testing for suspicious characters, but body() doesn't appear to skip
or change anything, and writen() doesn't appear to modify its input in
any way.

In terms of headers, safeWriteHeader() is obvious, but all of my
quarantine messages are tripping on suspicious characters in the
body...

(I'm looking at the source for 2.31, BTW.)

James