[Mimedefang] append boilerplate to RTF messages from Outlook?

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu Apr 3 13:39:01 EST 2003

On Thu, 3 Apr 2003, Jason M. Burnett wrote:

> I have it working just fine for text and html emails, but RTF messages
> from Outlook present a problem.

Indeed.  If you can figure out a way to reliably insert boilerplate into
RTF, then you can probably model your function along the lines of
append_html_boilerpate.  But it will not be easy.

>  Outlook is kind enough to include a
> text/plain version of the RTF message, to which I can append the disclaimer,

Why not simply discard the text/rtf part? :-)  No?  Your bosses won't
go for that? :-)

If you want to write a function to strip off text/rtf if there is a
corresponding text/plain part, see the remove_redundant_html_parts
function in recent versions of MIMEDefang.  Or, if you're SURE there's
always a text/plain, just do:

sub filter {
    my($entity, $fname, $ext, $type) = @_;
    return action_discard() if lc($type) eq "text/rtf";
    # ... rest of filter
}