[Mimedefang] append boilerplate to RTF messages from Outlook?

Jason M. Burnett Jason.Burnett at silabs.com
Thu Apr 3 13:26:01 EST 2003

Howdy

We're an Exchange/Outlook shop here (Linux/Sendmail/Mimedefang gateway),
and I've been ordered to append a legal disclaimer to all outgoing email.

I have it working just fine for text and html emails, but RTF messages
from Outlook present a problem.  Outlook is kind enough to include a
text/plain version of the RTF message, to which I can append the disclaimer,
but Outlook displays the RTF version by default if it's there, as far
as I can tell.  So the disclaimer is never seen.

Has anyone else addressed this problem?  I'd rather not have to write
my own append_rtf_boilerplate function.

--
Jason