[Mimedefang] Autoresponse to old domain

Paul freebsd at pksnet.com
Thu Apr 3 12:20:01 EST 2003

>I posted this on the sendmail group with no response...I apologize since
>this is probably off-topic but I am not sure where else to post...

You mean the comp.mail.sendmail newsgroup? And neither Claus nor Per responded to this?

I would imagine you could 'hack' mimedefang to do what you want. If that does not do, I would suggest looking at the 'vacation' program that comes with Sendmail, you should be able to modify this to do what you want. Or perhaps use procmail. There are some caveats. As in 'invalid sender addresses' which will result in bounces and possibly loops which you'd have to take care of.

Hope this helps.

Paul