[Mimedefang] Issues with porting MIMEDefang to another MTA

Stephane Lentz Stephane.Lentz at ansf.alcatel.fr
Tue Apr 1 10:47:00 EST 2003

On Tue, Apr 01, 2003 at 08:59:17AM -0600, Jim McCullars wrote:

> > So for now, sorry.  Sendmail is it.  Milter is just too nice and
>
>    Don't apologize.  I understand the frustration, but until a month ago,
> when was the last security bulletin related to sendmail?  I don't
> remember, either.

=> It was around March 3rd .
To get a list of some Sendmail security problems, have a look at the
Re:look message on :
http://www.deadly.org/article.php3?sid=20030331154254&mode=flat

Some OpenBSD user counts it :
<<
So, in total we have seven bugs: one non-exploitable, four local root,
and two remote root

However, I still like sendmail but I do hope onde day MIMEDefang &
postfix will work altogether ....

Regards,

SL/
---