[Mimedefang] Global variables in filter_relay, was: Milter and aliases

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Mon Sep 30 18:08:00 EDT 2002

On Mon, 30 Sep 2002, Aaron Paetznick wrote:

> This brings up another question.  Should all the global variables be
> available inside the filter_relay block?

No, not at all.

The built-in global variables are not available to filter_relay,
filter_sender or filter_recipient.  $Subject can't possibly be available,
for example, because we don't have a message yet.

As for variables you set yourself, I posted the rules at
http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2002-August/002034.html

I guess it's time to put this info in the man pages. :-(