[Mimedefang] Why 'defanged_src' ?

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Mon Sep 30 15:19:00 EDT 2002

Aaron Paetznick wrote:

> That's Anomy's doing.  I've struggled with this too.  I believe someone
> submitted a patch to this list that changes this behavior, but I'm not
> sure what the status of that is.  I don't think it is within
> MIMEDefang's influence to bypass this problem, you'll need to change the
> HTMLCleaner.pm file.
>
> Once we figure this out, maybe we can distribute a patch with the MD
> package (ala MIME-Tools) that fixes this issue.

    Before we go that far, maybe we should figure out why first.  There might
be a valid reason, I just don't know what it is.  I'd like to hear some
arguments on this before making a decision on whether I want to defang img src
tags or not.

--
W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.