[Mimedefang] logwatch and sendmail/mimedefang logs

Stephane Lentz Stephane.Lentz at ansf.alcatel.fr
Sat Sep 28 16:54:00 EDT 2002

On Sat, Sep 28, 2002 at 11:46:43PM +1000, Tony Nugent wrote:
> I'm wondering if anyone here has done anything with the logwatch
> utility to produce summaries of mimedefang activity.  I use calls to
> syslog() in my filter to log spam, viruses and so on.  Logwatch
> seems to be an easy way to produce nice activity report summaries as
> a daily administative email.

For DNS servers, I use log_analysis :
http://linux.umbc.edu/~mabzug1/log_analysis.html

It's pretty useful, comes with a lot of patterns for several services
and you can write your own rules

Other tools are mentioned on  http://www.counterpane.com/log-analysis.html

SL/
---
Stephane Lentz / Alcanet International - Internet Services