[Mimedefang] Prior art sought

Clayton, Nik [IT] nik.clayton at citigroup.com
Thu Sep 26 07:20:01 EDT 2002

> According to http://www.eym.com/products/mas/, EYM has a
> "patent-pending" system which strips attachments from e-mail and makes
them
> available via a URL, much like action_replace_with_url.

MHonArc does this.  Take a look at

    http://www.oac.uci.edu/indiv/ehood/MHonArc/doc/app-mimeconf.html

    "Most application types are decoded and saved to an external file with
     a link to the file created in the HTML. Some application types can be
     converted directly to HTML."

It's had that facility since at least 1996 (which is when I last used
MHonArc.

Just about any web-based mail system has to have this sort of functionality
as well (Hotmail, Yahoo mail, etc).

1        1         2         3         4         5         6         7    7
         0         0         0         0         0         0         0    5
  -- The 75 column-ometer
                                             Contributing to the heat death
Global Messaging, 120 Cheapside, x83331      of the universe since 1973.