[Mimedefang] Prior art sought

Thu Sep 26 04:39:01 EDT 2002

Perhaps MHonarc does something similar.  It is a web archiving system, so by definition it has to handle the attachments in this way (it even handles embedded pictures correctly which is rather cool)

Ed W

-----Original Message-----
From: David F. Skoll [mailto:dfs at roaringpenguin.com]
Sent: 26 September 2002 05:06
To: mimedefang at lists.roaringpenguin.com
Subject: [Mimedefang] Prior art sought

Hi,

According to http://www.eym.com/products/mas/, EYM has a "patent-pending"
system which strips attachments from e-mail and makes them available via
a URL, much like action_replace_with_url.

This idea seems so obvious I can't believe it hasn't been done before.
I'm looking for prior art, the earlier the better, to head off this
stupid patent business.

Roaring Penguin Software Inc. | http://www.roaringpenguin.com
GPG fingerprint: C523 771C 3710 0F54 B2D2 4B0D C6EF 6991 34AB 95BA
GPG public key:  http://www.roaringpenguin.com/dskoll-key-2002.txt ID: 34AB95BA