[Mimedefang] Mime Defang Graphs

John Kirkland jpk at bl.org
Mon Sep 23 16:00:01 EDT 2002

Hi, Jon,

Thanks!  I released it yesterday, with instructions sent to the mailing
list.

I have added your request to the TODO list.  Right now it's not possible
because I'm not using /var/log/maillog for creating the graphs.  I do
intend to use the maillog at some point, but I feel I need to add data
summary caching to the application so you aren't scanning the ENTIRE
maillog each time you want to display graphs.

What I intend to do to fulfill this request (in order):

1.  Add data caching for summary data so I don't have to go back to the
raw data for each graph.
2.  Switch graph engine to work off of the /var/log/maillog file.
3.  Collect additional summary statistics from /var/log/maillog regarding
total sent messages.
4.  Add option to graphdefang to display total sent statistics on charts.

Regards,
John Kirkland