[Mimedefang] How to exclude localhost from MD/SA checks

Thu Sep 19 11:37:01 EDT 2002

Is it really worth bouncing spam... Almost certainly not...

I'm very new to MimeDefang, but I assume that if is feasible to have it reject the mail rather than bounce it, ie 550 Permanent Failure response to the DATA command?

Even this is unlikely to prevent many spammers from continuing to send to that address...

Ed W

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefano McGhee [mailto:SMcGhee at arcweb.com]
Sent: 19 September 2002 16:10
To: mimedefang at lists.roaringpenguin.com
Subject: [Mimedefang] How to exclude localhost from MD/SA checks

Hello all,
	I was thinking about setting up an account on my Linux box to tend
to the spam that SA has tagged.  That way, I can bounce false positives to
the recipients without having it seem to come from the spam account on our
internal mailserver, where iffy mail is delivered now.  How can I skip all
tests for mail originating from localhost so that the mail is not retagged
and sent back to me?  Is there a better way to review questionable messages
and send them on?

Cheers,

Stefano