[Mimedefang] MD startup errors

perlrtst at ml1.net perlrtst at ml1.net
Tue Sep 17 13:50:01 EDT 2002

I'm very happy w/ mimedefang, but there's a few errors I get that I'd like
to fix.

I'm running FreeBSD 4.6, sendmail 8.12.5, mimedefang 2.21 on an intel box.

When the multiplexor starts up, I get the following error:
Sep 16 00:20:05 filter mimedefang-multiplexor: setrlimit(RLIMIT_DATA, 4294966272) failed: Operation not permitted

I don't know what that does, but I'm guessing it set's a read limit for
the incoming data or something, and either isn't supported in my kernel,
or some lib, or on FreeBSD at all.
What do I have to do to make it work (and what exactly have I been missing
without it)?

Also, occasionally when I start it up, I get the following error:
WARNING: Xmimedefang: local socket name /var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock missing

When this happens, that socket actually does exist, but not all the
mimedefang slaves start up. I've also had sendmail complain about this
occasionally on startups, and then sendmail doesn't start at all.
Anyone seen similar behavior? or know how to fix this?

I looked through the past few months of list archives, and didn't see
either mentioned. I'm guessing this isn't a common issue.

Thanks,
--
Josh I.