[Mimedefang] Re: MIMEDefang digest, Vol 1 #325 - 9 msgs

Martin J. Dellwo dellwo at 3dp.com
Tue Sep 17 13:47:01 EDT 2002

>> Sep 16 18:06:22 4C:europa mimedefang[6856]:
>> lstat(/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mdefang-3D8655C9-0/Work/msg-92) failed: No
>> such file or directory
>> Sep 16 18:06:22 3C:europa mimedefang[6856]: Failure in cleanup line
>> 1234: No such file or directory
>

> This sounds suspiciously like a sub-par Pthreads implementation.  Does
> IRIX have a proper Pthreads library?  Does it implement the
> readdir_r function correctly?

from IRIX, 'man 3 intro', describing pthreaded functions:
"
The following calls have been single threaded so that multiple
shared processes accessing them simultaneously will function
correctly:  [...], readdir, [...].

_SGI_REENTRANT_FUNCTIONS enables prototypes and definitions for
reentrant versions of functions that are not thread safe by
definition (usually due to returning pointers to static data).
These alternatives are named func_r and are described on the same
manual page as the original, unsafe version.
"

The various defines are done via the inclusion of pthread.h.  Everything
looks ok to me, but that doesn't mean their phread library is good.
But, I'm running the script with no other problems, and I compiled
sendmail 8.12.6 with pthreads and it is running fine so far.  I also may
be beta testing an 'official from sgi' of 8.12.5, which they tell me is
compile with Milters and is pthread-safe.  So, I don't really suspect
the library (I have latest updates, too).

Martin J. Dellwo   (610) 458-5264 x6512   dellwo at 3dp.com
Systems Administrator, 3-Dimensional Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
http://www.3dp.com/