[Mimedefang] Archiving email

Karel.DeBruyne at ua.ac.be Karel.DeBruyne at ua.ac.be
Mon Sep 16 03:31:01 EDT 2002

Hi,

I'm doing this (already for two or three years) without mimedefang.
I wrote a Delivery Agent (that way I only archive "my" users) to do this.
I've got a directory /archive with a mailbox for each user who received
mails that day.

I don't know about the legal consequenses, but I know I've made a lot of
users very happy with this service. (users playing with IMAP/POP clients
who lost their Inboxes...)

Karel

On Fri, 13 Sep 2002, Michael Grau wrote:

> Hello all.
>
> For political reasons, we will soon probably have to archive
> all email passing through our internal mail hub.
>
> Is anyone using mimedefang to do something like this -
> something like quarantine_entire_message, except
> quietly with no quarantine report or notification.
>
> Actually, I'd like to see this in a new release:
>
> sub archive {
> }
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

Karel De Bruyne
System/Network Manager                      phone      + 32 3 820 22 04
UIA - Network Service                       fax        + 32 71 83 43 00
Universiteitsplein 1 - B0.12                email  dbruyne at uia.ua.ac.be
B 2610 Wilrijk - Belgium              http://www.uia.ua.ac.be/u/dbruyne