[Mimedefang] Question about bounces - How do I do this?

Troy Carpenter troy at carpenter.cx
Mon Oct 21 23:58:02 EDT 2002

Ok,

I finally found something that works.

In filter_end, I added:

    if ($Sender eq "<>" ) {
        resend_message(@Recipients);
        action_discard()
    }

This works, but the only problem (but not really a problem, but probably
a bug) is that the Return-Path header reads "<-odd at carpenter.cx>" and
the maillog shows that the message was resent like it was from
"<-odd at carpenter.cx>".  However, I verified that the bounce does indeed
goes back to the originator, and the originator's MTA shows the bounce
came from the mailer-daemon of the bouncing system.

Here's the header from the bounce message as it appears on the
originator's system (notice the Return-Path and X-Authentication-Warning
headers):