[Mimedefang] Using Spamassassin's spamd/c

Jim McCullars jim at info.uah.edu
Tue Oct 15 12:00:02 EDT 2002

On Tue, 15 Oct 2002 listuser at neo.pittstate.edu wrote:

> > 	/usr/local/etc/mimedefang/spamassassin/sa-mimedefang.cf
> > 	/usr/local/etc/mimedefang/spamassassin/local.cf
> > 	/usr/local/etc/mimedefang/spamassassin.cf
>
> I was wondering what the difference was with those files.  So if I run SA
> from MD I should edit the specific SA files that MD provided.  I can do
> that.

   That's what I do.  I use the first file.  Those three filepaths are
what is hardcoded in mimedefang.pl as his place to look for a config file
in the spam_assassin_init routine.  I'm not sure, but the configure
program may set those.  And actually, the config file used seems to be the
first of those three that it finds.

> I was under the impression that SA's DNSBl checks didn't work when run
> from MD.  I could be wrong though.  I never checked to see if it was true.

   You may have to set $SALocalTestsOnly to 0 in your mimedefang-filter if
you want to do this.  Also make sure that skip_rbl_checks is not set in
your SA config.

   Good luck!

Jim