[Mimedefang] Host name

Kevin Withnall kevin at withnall.com
Wed Oct 9 18:17:01 EDT 2002

Im fairly new to mimedefang and a perl novice. We have many mail hosts
here that all have mimedefang running on them (after removing amavis)
Firstly all I can say is that the speed and functionality of mimedefang
are amazing. Thanks to all concerned.

Secondly, I would like to add a header for each host that scans the
message (typically a message is scanned from once to 3 times depending
on which mail hosts etc it passes through here). We also share a common
mimedefang-filter file on all systems to make maintenance easier. Is
there a variable which contains the hostname ? I was thinking of opening
the /etc/HOSTNAME file and using that but im not good with perl. Any
help or ideas would be appreciated.

Regards
Kevin