[Mimedefang] headers after multiple passes

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Tue Oct 8 14:47:00 EDT 2002

> The default filter calls action_change_header (so you don't get dupes)
> and adds a number of asterisks equal to the integer part of the score.
> It should be possible on most MUA's to filter on this condition:
>
> 	IF X-Spam-Score header CONTAINS "(*****"
> 	THEN redirect to spam folder
>
> This will get triggered for messages which score 5 or more.

I'm having trouble picking a specific header in Outlook 2000
and then matching another part of it.  However it is easy to
match one fixed string in any header that can include the
header name. I think I'll add a new header with just the *'s
to make it a simple match for any threshold, and perhaps you
should consider that in the default filter.  I suppose it would
break existing procmail settings to move the number to the other
side of the *'s.  Outlook Express doesn't want to look at
special headers at all, but considers the attached report part
of the content in rules, so maybe the line should be repeated
there.

  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com