[Mimedefang] How to set an environment variable in mimedefang

Jim McCullars jim at info.uah.edu
Thu Oct 3 14:02:02 EDT 2002

David:

   In an attempt to find out why perl is dying when I try to run
mimedefang on our Tru64 system, I have been told to set an environment
variable for the process that's calling perl.  Unfortunately, the
situation here is that the mux calls MD which calls perl and I'm not sure
how to set it in the right place.  I tried putting this in the startup
file:

	_RLD_ARGS="-debug map -log /tmp/t.t"

but it didn't seem to take affect (there was no t.t file in /tmp).  Is
there a place in mimedefang.c that I could set an environment variable
before it tries to call perl?  If so, how would I do that?  Thanks.

Jim