[Mimedefang] Not filtering outbound mail

Matt A. Gargett MGargett at comshare.com
Fri Nov 8 15:27:02 EST 2002

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002, David F. Skoll wrote:

> Is there any way you can route outbound mail via a different server so
milter isn't even involved?

Hmmm... I don't think so.. This is my corporate external SMTP gateway, and we
don't really want to open up another SMTP server to the internet.  My machine
handles it, but quite poorly. Perhaps I can make them not dump all 3000
messages at once... Perhaps I can have them put a minute or more pause
between sending out 100 messages or more...  It seems this would have come up
before, as this is more or less a mailing list.  How does majordomo or
listman manage this?

I'd really perfer someway to disable the milter for a specific relay address,
even if it saves me just a little bit of processor power, it might be
enough..

- Matt