[Mimedefang] Changing recipients

Ian McDonald ian at londontown.com
Fri Nov 8 14:17:01 EST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "David F. Skoll" <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>
To: <mimedefang at lists.roaringpenguin.com>
Sent: Friday, November 08, 2002 5:28 PM
Subject: Re: [Mimedefang] Changing recipients

> No; even without the multiplexor, you can still have two filters
> running at the same time (because you can have more than one sendmail
> running.)  And running without the multiplexor is infeasible for all
> but the lowest-volume sites.

It should be fairly low volume.

> If it absolutely must be single-threaded, you'll have to add your own
> locking around the non-thread-safe libraries.  But note that with the
> multiplexor, each Perl filter is single-threaded.  If your database
> libraries can cope with multiple processes accessing the database at
> the same time, they do not need to be thread-safe.  (Actually, the entire
> purpose of the multiplexor is to map from a multithreaded model onto
> a preforked process-pool model, which I believe is far safer.)

Oh, cool. That, I did not know.

> To change recipients, use add_recipient and delete_recipient (see the
> mimedefang-filter man page.)

Thanks, but I do not seem to be able to demonstrate this, even with a simple
edit to sub filter_end { } ;

#####
#IKM start
    open LOG, ">/tmp/$$.log";
    $entity->print(\*LOG);

    action_add_recipient("ccms+pool.mapsgeneral at localhost");
    action_add_recipient("test01 at breakme.londontown.com");
    my @maps = grep /maps/, @Recipients;
    print LOG "Deleting recipients @maps";
    action_delete_recipient( $maps[0] );