[Mimedefang] Changing recipients

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Fri Nov 8 12:29:01 EST 2002

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002, Ian McDonald wrote:

> And I need to do this single threaded, to work with single-threaded database
> libraries. I guess this means no Multiplexor.

No; even without the multiplexor, you can still have two filters
running at the same time (because you can have more than one sendmail
running.)  And running without the multiplexor is infeasible for all
but the lowest-volume sites.

If it absolutely must be single-threaded, you'll have to add your own
locking around the non-thread-safe libraries.  But note that with the
multiplexor, each Perl filter is single-threaded.  If your database
libraries can cope with multiple processes accessing the database at
the same time, they do not need to be thread-safe.  (Actually, the entire
purpose of the multiplexor is to map from a multithreaded model onto
a preforked process-pool model, which I believe is far safer.)

To change recipients, use add_recipient and delete_recipient (see the
mimedefang-filter man page.)