[Mimedefang] Redhat 8 problems.

Brad Dameron bdameron at tscnet.com
Tue Nov 5 17:02:00 EST 2002

Here is a problem and temporary solution for Redhat 8 users with MIMEDefang:

Error in maillog:
mimedefang-multiplexor: Slave 0 stderr: Wide character in print at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/MIME/Parser/Reader.pm line 244, <FILE> line
333.

This seems to be an issue with RedHat 8 using UTF-8 instead of Latin or some
other language default language.

Fix:
In your mimedefang init script add the following at the top:

LANG=C
export LANG

This needs to be corrected in MIME-tools tho.

Also note I am doing some million emails a day on a single machine with
MIMEDefang. I am only doing virus scanning right now but will do full spam
checking in a day or so. The highest load I have seen is 0.46.

---
Brad Dameron									Network Account Executive
TSCNet Inc.								         	www.tscnet.com
Silverdale, WA.									1-888-8TSCNET