[Mimedefang] Adding boilerplate text for outgoing certaindomains only???

Rajesh Bhandari BhandaR at mail.nlm.nih.gov
Tue Nov 5 12:04:00 EST 2002

>>> Jon Paterson said
> Hi Rajesh, thanks very much for that.  I am trying to learn the code by
> example, will this only select the outgoing mails, and if so, which part
> of it "knows" that the mail is inbound and not outbound?

The MD variable $RelayAddr contains the IP address of the sending mail server.  If the sending mailservers IP address is one of your IP addresses or subnets, the mail is outbound.  If it is not, it is inbound.  The $Sender bit additionally checks for the domain, so if you have multiple internal domains such as domain1, domain2 etc, only domain1 would have the boilerplate appended.

Oops, I just noticed.  You don't need the stream_by_domain stuff in filter_begin. That's useful for processing related to the recipient domain, not sender domain.

Rajesh