[Mimedefang] ANOMY HTML::Cleaner.pm

Rich West Rich.West at divatv.com
Tue May 14 13:35:02 EDT 2002

That I did do, believe it or not.  :)

HTMLCleaner.pm only allows for a small subset of Anomy's variables to be
defined within the hash:
<..snip..>
#       Paranoid => 1,             # default 0
#       NoWebBugs => 1,            # default 0
#       UnknownTagsOK => 1,        # default 0
#       MaxLeftoverSize => $size   # default 4096
#       ModCounter => \$counter,
#       DefangString => "defanged",
#       Log => $log,
<..snip..>

And because of the way HTMLCleaner.pm was written, there really isn't a
way to pass the proper args in which to define what items you wish to
allow through (eg: an 'accept' file_list).  Basically, the way it is, it
defangs everything, even the stuff that you might not want defanged..

My guess is that, in its current implementation, Anomy::HTML is either
configured on or off, with very little ability to control its functionality.

-Rich