[Mimedefang] Rehashing Filter & Resending Message

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu May 9 20:08:50 EDT 2002

On Thu, 9 May 2002 16:59:35 -0400 Justin King <justin at othius.com> wrote:

> First question:
> When I change my filter, what's the best way to get it reloaded? killall
> perl? I'd like to do it without interrupting current slaves.

If you are using the multiplexor:

 - If you use the Red Hat init file in the /redhat directory:

        /etc/rc.d/init.d/mimedefang reread

 - If not:

        kill -INT pid_of_multiplexor

This does NOT interfere with busy slaves.

> When I get messages that have spamassassin score of 15 or higher, I want
> them to be resent to my spamtroll box, but I don't want them to be scanned a
> second time. What do you think the best way to do this is? Manually invoke
> sendmail?

This is a job for a delivery agent like Procmail, perhaps?  Or do you
want this system-wide?  If it's system-wide, why not just append the
message to a file?