[Mimedefang] Skipping Defang for Outgoing Messages

Anthony Slay anthony at ocga.ucsd.edu
Thu May 9 14:40:23 EDT 2002

My users are having the problem of waiting a minimum 4 seconds for an
outgoing mail to be sent off and to some of them, this is annoying.  We use
Eudora 3.0.5 to 5.1 and it's not really a problem with the 5.1 users
because sending is done in the background.
I understand that MIMDefang/Sendmail does not differentiates form incoming
and outgoing messages.  At least, I think that's the case.  I took a look
at the stream-by-domain-filter example and this looks like the best choice
right now but that will leave a hole in our protection (sort of).  Does
anybody know if there a way to skip MIMEDefang for all outgoing messages?

Also, is there a tool to append quarantined messages to a unix user's
mailbox?  I've tried using cat but that just make an invalid mailbox entry.