[Mimedefang] how to send up sendmail for mimedefang on openbsd ?

Michael Agbaglo byteshifter at shifted-bytes.de
Thu May 9 04:28:55 EDT 2002

hi there !

I set up /usr/src/gnu/usr.sbin/sendmail/Makefile to install libmilter,
but somehow the headers don't get installed. According to the HOWTO
mimedefang should run on openbsd. please help

[...]
checking for getopt.h... no
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking whether gcc accepts -pthread... yes
checking for res_init in -lresolv... yes
checking for htons in -lsocket... no
checking for gethostbyname in -lnsl... no
checking for pthread_once in -lpthread... no
checking for libmilter/mfapi.h... NOTFOUND
checking for antivir... /bin/false
checking for uvscan... /usr/local/uvscan/uvscan
checking for sweep... /bin/false
checking for AvpLinux... /bin/false
checking for libmilter.a... /usr/lib/libmilter.a
checking for libsmutil.a... /usr/lib/libsmutil.a
checking for libsm.a... /usr/lib/libsm.a
checking for wvHtml... NOTFOUND
checking for mail... /usr/bin/mail
checking for sendmail... /usr/sbin/sendmail
checking for rm... /bin/rm

checking whether libmilter requires -lsfio... no
checking whether libmilter requires -lsm... yes
checking whether libsm requires -lldap... nm: niprop.o: no name list
nm: ldap.o: no name list
nm: path.o: no name list
nm: strerror.o: no name list
no
Oops.. I couldn't find libmilter/mfapi.h.  Please install Sendmail 8.11
and its header files.
#