[Mimedefang] html to text

Jason Englander jason at englanders.cc
Thu Mar 7 11:44:38 EST 2002

On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, hans mayer wrote:

> compiling 2.6 i see at step ./configure :
> checking for Perl module Anomy::HTMLCleaner... no
>
> i did download anomy-HTMLCleaner-1.11.tar.gz
> is this the right way ?

You can do that, if you put it in the right place...  Read
README.ANOMY in the mimedefang source directory.  The
anomy-HTMLCleaner-1.11.tar.gz tarball (vs. the entire anomy mailtools
package: anomy-sanitizer-1.49.tar.gz) only includes the files necessary
for Anomy::HTMLCleaner.  When I install it, I cd into
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl and then extract the tarball.  The slackware
(Linux) package for perl doesn't create/use version specific directories
like /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.61, for example.  Wherever you put it, it
has to be in one of perl's @INC directories.

  Jason