[Mimedefang] Sendmail crash

Mark Roedel MarkRoedel at letu.edu
Wed Mar 27 10:09:21 EST 2002

Ditto what David said -- if you're not using the multiplexor, it's
definitely worth the little bit of extra head-scratching it takes to get
it up and running.  That'll save you the overhead of starting a new perl
process for every message that comes in.

Also, if you're not placing a ceiling on the size of message you're
feeding to spamassassin, I'd definitely consider doing so.  Messages
that get beyond 100-200K in size aren't very likely to be spam, and
depending on what level of traffic you get that's beyond that, the
savings from not having to run the 100+ SpamAssassin tests on something
that size may be fairly significant.  There's some sample filter code
for this in the "Mimedefang Tips" site at
	http://thompsonic.com/util/antispam/mimedefang.html

---
Mark Roedel           | "Blessed is he who has learned to laugh
Systems Programmer    |  at himself, for he shall never cease
LeTourneau University |  to be entertained."
Longview, Texas, USA  |                          -- John Powell