[Mimedefang] Re: [SAtalk] Thoughts of Easy Spamassassin/MIMEDefang Configuration

Tony L. Svanstrom tony at svanstrom.org
Wed Mar 27 05:46:54 EST 2002

On Wed, 27 Mar 2002 the voices made Jeffrey Thompson write:

> I would like to enable users of Spamassassin to tweak their own
> white/black lists (to start with probably could do more than this).  I'm
> thinking of a web interface for this purpose (probably a PHP program
> with a form).  The result will editing the user's Spamassassin
> configuration (probably via mysql) for their particular spam rule tweak.

 I was going to do something like that myself, but I'd rather let someone else
do it (since I most likely won't have the time to get the code in a form
suitable for sharing, due to lack of time).

 Just two things... PHP and mysql will stop a lot of people from using it,
better make it closer to SA, meaning a perlscript that talks directly with the
files used by SA.
 SSI and/or CGI rules, man. ;-)

	/Tony
Per scientiam ad libertatem. ©1999-2002 tony at vanstrom.org
-- Random URL (10/10):
-- Random epigram: (6533/11671)
New York now leads the world's great cities in the number of people around
whom you shouldn't make a sudden move.
		-- David Letterman