[Mimedefang] Thoughts of Easy Spamassassin/MIMEDefang Configuration

Jeffrey Thompson jeffrey at thompsonic.com
Wed Mar 27 00:35:57 EST 2002

Hi, I’m floating a small project idea to see what your thoughts are:

Ease User Tweaks:

I would like to enable users of Spamassassin to tweak their own
white/black lists (to start with probably could do more than this).  I’m
thinking of a web interface for this purpose (probably a PHP program
with a form).  The result will editing the user’s Spamassassin
configuration (probably via mysql) for their particular spam rule tweak.

Ease Admin:

I’m also planning on enabling an Administrator to easily turn
Spamassassin on or off for a user or domain.  I use MIMEDefang and will
provide a lookup mechanism to determine whether to call Spamassassin for
this email or not.

Any thoughts or interest in this project?  I’m wondering if anyone else
has done this, and if so, what did you do?  If not, I’ll be glad to
share what I do with you.

Jeffrey Thompson
President
Thompson Internet Communications, Inc.