[Mimedefang] microsoft newsletters are being filtered out

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Jun 25 14:28:53 EDT 2002

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, Dave Encisco wrote:

> I believe that the newsletter is a html enclosure, is there
> something I forgot to enable or configure prior to making Mimedefang
> that would selectively allow for html enclosures to pass through?

Well, don't check mail from specific senders:

if ($Sender =~ /^<?newsletter\@microsoft\.com>?$/i) {
	# Don't run spam assassin...
} else {
	# Run spam assassin...
}

This quickly gets out of hand if you have to do a lot of maintenance,
at which point you consider using a database, or a more sophisticated
(but alas, non-free) approach like
http://www.roaringpenguin.com/mimedefang/canit/