[Mimedefang] http link only emails

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu Jun 20 10:18:57 EDT 2002

Following up to myself:

> > I've just started receiving http linked emails.

I block any e-mail containing HTML unless my name "dfs at roaringpenguin.com"
appears in the "To:" header.  This stops quite a bit of spam even before
it gets to SpamAssassin.  Here's the code:

sub filter_begin () {
    # Allow HTML from certain senders
    if ($Sender eq '<xxxxx at yyyyy.zzz.xx>' || $Sender =~ /list-im-on/ || $Sender =~ /another-list/) {
	$HTMLOK = 1;
    } else {
	$HTMLOK = 0;
    }

    # Accept HTML if we appear in the To: field
    if (open(HDRS, "<./HEADERS")) {
        while(<HDRS>) {
            if (/^To:.*\@.*roaringpenguin\.com/i) {
                $HTMLOK = 1;
            }
            if (/^Cc:.*\@.*roaringpenguin\.com/i) {
                $HTMLOK = 1;
            }
        }
        close(HDRS);
    }
}

sub filter {
    my($entity, $fname, $ext, $type) = @_;

    #...

    if ($lc_type eq "text/html" && !$HTMLOK) {
	syslog('info', "$MsgID from $Sender via $RelayAddr ($RelayHostname) re: ($Subject) bounced because of HTML");
        return action_bounce("HTML e-mail not accepted; please use plain text only.");
    }
}