[Mimedefang] Mimedefang and spamassassin users preferences

Mark Roedel MarkRoedel at letu.edu
Fri Jun 14 20:22:12 EDT 2002

That becomes a more complicated question when you're operating at the
milter level, because a milter (like spamass-milt or mimedefang) is run
once per message, and there's no way to be sure that a particular
message isn't being sent to multiple users with conflicting preferences.

If you're doing your spamassassin processing at that level, the only
real flexibility you can give your users is the ability to decide what
score they want to use in their mail client filtering.  You can do that
by following the example MimeDefang filter -- in particular, the parts
that set the X-Spam-Level header.

---
Mark Roedel           | "Blessed is he who has learned to laugh
Systems Programmer    |  at himself, for he shall never cease
LeTourneau University |  to be entertained."
Longview, Texas, USA  |                          -- John Powell