[Mimedefang] Perl spins chewing CPU

Jakub Wasielewski wasyl at opoka.info
Tue Jun 11 02:59:59 EDT 2002

On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, Daniel O'Connor wrote:

> Hi,
> I am running MIMEDefange 2.6 with Spam Assassin v2.11 under Sendmail
> 8.12.4 on FreeBSD 4.5 (phew) and I am getting mail messages which cause
> the perl process to spin chewing all the CPU it can get.
>
> It doesn't appear to be doing any IO - ktrace reports nothing. It can
> only be kill -9'd :(
>
> I am at a loss for what to do to track the problem down :(
> I have an example message if anyone is interested :)
>
> The messages are quite small so I don't believe SA is choking on them in
> that way - I don't think it's the libmilter bug reported on this list
> either because there appears to be no IO happening.

Amaizing I've found this strange beahavior yesterday. Try removing fi­
les with tests (one  by  one)  from  /usr/share/spamassassin.  For  me
25_body_tests_pl.cf  chews  CPU  when gets some RTF, but it's used for
polish locale only. As SA devteam says it's badly made regexp fault.

Cheers,

--
[X]      Jakub Wasielewski       [X][X]  GB/CA s+:+ a25 UBLOC+++ L+++  [X]
[X]    Administrator Systemów    [X][X]  P+ W++ E--- N++ PS+ PE+  C++  [X]