[Mimedefang] Perl spins chewing CPU

Daniel O'Connor darius at dons.net.au
Tue Jun 11 01:22:04 EDT 2002

Hi,
I am running MIMEDefange 2.6 with Spam Assassin v2.11 under Sendmail
8.12.4 on FreeBSD 4.5 (phew) and I am getting mail messages which cause
the perl process to spin chewing all the CPU it can get.

It doesn't appear to be doing any IO - ktrace reports nothing. It can
only be kill -9'd :(

I am at a loss for what to do to track the problem down :(
I have an example message if anyone is interested :)

The messages are quite small so I don't believe SA is choking on them in
that way - I don't think it's the libmilter bug reported on this list
either because there appears to be no IO happening.

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum
GPG Fingerprint - 9A8C 569F 685A D928 5140  AE4B 319B 41F4 5D17 FDD5