[Mimedefang] First two headers not written to INPUTMSG

Nels Lindquist nlindq at maei.ca
Mon Jul 29 13:36:01 EDT 2002

Sorry about coming into this so late; I was on vacation last week.

On 23 Jul 2002 at 11:25, David F. Skoll wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Jul 2002, Sidney Markowitz wrote:
>
> > The main thing I don't like about it is that I had to make the
> > change in mimedefang.pl where it will have to be updated in each
> > version, rather than in mimedefang-filter.I wonder if it would make
> > sense as a change in the official distribution.
>
> Perhaps I will make a lower-level set of SpamAssassin calls which allow
> you to pass in the message as an array.  Does this sound like a good
> idea to others?

Depends on how much extra effort would be required to use
SpamAssassin from within mimedefang-filter, and how much extra
flexibility would be available. :-)

One alternate possibility which might be easier to implement is to
add Sidney's code fragment to fake a Received: header for the last
relay, but only if $SALocalTestsOnly = 0.  That would provide a
fairly seamless "fix" for those who *do* want RBL testing in SA, and
skip the extra overhead for those who don't.

----
Nels Lindquist <*>
Information Systems Manager
Morningstar Air Express Inc.